Subject: Re: Conformance

Thank you Brad.

There is no conformance yet, and conformance is one of the most important tasks of this version.

Craig:

At one time someone (Scott Muench?) mentioned a growing list of things to avoid that make oBIX incompatible being developed, perhaps in the context of 3rd party NIAGARA support. That list would, of course, be handy...

"If flies are allowed to vote, how meaningful would a poll on what to have for dinner be, and what would be on the menu?" -  Unknown

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX Technical Committee
OASIS Technical Advisory Board
U.S. National Inst. of Standards and Tech. Smart Grid Architecture Committee
Facilities Technology Office
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu
Phone: (919)962-9073
http://www.oasis-open.org
blog: www.NewDaedalus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Benson, Bradley [mailto:BBenson@trane.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 4:12 PM
To: Considine, Toby (Campus Services IT); obix@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [obix] Groups - oBIX-1-1-spec-wd06.pdf uploaded

We still need to do something about the conformance statements section - there's the issue of network byte order that needs to be placed here as was discussed earlier, and I would assume that there are other items to go here as well.   Is there a list (perhaps floating in the archives that I missed) or something to that effect?    If the task isn't already spoken for, I'll volunteer to draft the section but would need some pointers from the group for the content.

Thanks,
Brad