Subject: Groups - Event "oBIX Next Steps - Open Meeting" added

Submitter's message
Scheduled at last, after summer and gridweek and SGIP
-- Toby Considine
Event Title: oBIX Next Steps - Open Meeting

Date: Monday, 26 September 2011, 11:00am - 12:00pm ET
Description

 Dial-in Number:                (760) 569-0100

Access Code:     1064971

Text chat during meeting http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/EnergyInterop Notes on this chat: If you have not saved a cookie previously, you will start out as "anonymous." Select Settings at the top, enter your name. I suggest setting timestamps in the display, then save your settings. Clicking on the hand on the lower right "raises your hand" during discussions.

I can have a gotometting ready, if anyone wants to share any material for discussion...

RSVP

Agenda

This is an Open Forum, meaning it is not subject to OASIS formal IP rules and and does not affect voting status.

The purpose of the Open Forum is to develop a consensus on next steps for oBIX. In the recent months, I have received requests for clarifications on scheduling, on ontologies (as defined in the open source OX server) , and on smart energy. We have new members who joined to work on new issues.  A DOE / NREL report issued in late Spring discussed potential standard contracts as part of commissioning.

  • What do we need to do to complete the 1.1 work nearly complete?
  • Do we incorporate WS-Calendar, now an OASIS Committee Specification into the core oBIX Specification?
  • Do we put Ontologies in the core spec or in a separate Profile. If a separate Profile, is that Profile normative? These could be the ones from the OX server, or they could incorporate work potentially contributed from Haystack (project-haystack.org) or be based on one of the "ie" standards from BuildingSmart/NBIMS or...
  • Does oBIX require specific extensions for Smart Energy, i.e., to interact with smart grids?
  • Metering – a high profile intersection of Ontology and Smart Energy

One issue is that we may chose to keep the core specification small and clean or we can incorporate the material above. If incorporate, we need to decide if it is 1.1 otr 1.2/ If we do not, we may want to consider a series of non-normative Commitee Notes to address these issues.

As an Open Forum, this meeting MAY NOT decide these issues. We can listen to feedback and input, however.

Share this meeting with all those that you think should attend.

Owner: Toby Considine
Group: OASIS Open Building Information Exchange (oBIX) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/New_York
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20071104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000402T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20070311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20110922T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20110926T110000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20110926T120000
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:oBIX Next Steps - Open Meeting
      1064971\n \nText chat during meeting
  http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/EnergyInterop Notes on
  this chat: If you have not saved a cookie previously\, you
  will start out as &quot\;anonymous.&quot\; Select Settings
  at the top\, enter your name. I suggest setting timestamps
  in the display\, then save your settings. Clicking on the
  hand on the lower right &quot\;raises your hand&quot\;
  during discussions.\nI can have a gotometting ready\, if
  anyone wants to share any material for
  discussion...\n\n\nAgenda: This is an Open Forum\, meaning
  it is not subject to OASIS formal IP rules and and does not
  affect voting status.\n \nThe purpose of the Open Forum is
  to develop a consensus on next steps for oBIX. In the recent
  months\, I have received requests for clarifications on
  scheduling\, on ontologies (as defined in the open source OX
  server) \, and on smart energy. We have new members who
  joined to work on new issues.  A DOE / NREL report issued in
  late Spring discussed potential standard contracts as part
  of commissioning.\n \n\n    What do we need to do to
  complete the 1.1 work nearly complete?\n    Do we
  incorporate WS-Calendar\, now an OASIS Committee
  Specification into the core oBIX Specification?\n    Do we
  put Ontologies in the core spec or in a separate Profile. If
  a separate Profile\, is that Profile normative? These could
  be the ones from the OX server\, or they could incorporate
  work potentially contributed from Haystack
  (project-haystack.org) or be based on one of the
  &quot\;ie&quot\; standards from BuildingSmart/NBIMS or...\n
    Does oBIX require specific extensions for Smart Energy\,
  i.e.\, to interact with smart grids?\n    Metering &ndash\;
  a high profile intersection of Ontology and Smart
  Energy\n\nOne issue is that we may chose to keep the core
  specification small and clean or we can incorporate the
  material above. If incorporate\, we need to decide if it is
  1.1 otr 1.2/ If we do not\, we may want to consider a series
  of non-normative Commitee Notes to address these issues.\n
  \nAs an Open Forum\, this meeting MAY NOT decide these
  issues. We can listen to feedback and input\,
  however.\nShare this meeting with all those that you think
  should attend.\nGroup: OASIS Open Building Information
  Exchange (oBIX) TC\nCreator: Toby Considine
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix/event.php?event_id=31677
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix/event.php?event_id=31677
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY