Event Title: oBIX Next Steps - Open Meeting
Date: Monday, 26 September 2011, 11:00am - 12:00pm ET
Dial-in Number: (760) 569-0100
Access Code: 1064971
Text chat during meeting http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/EnergyInterop Notes on this chat: If you have not saved a cookie previously, you will start out as "anonymous." Select Settings at the top, enter your name. I suggest setting timestamps in the display, then save your settings. Clicking on the hand on the lower right "raises your hand" during discussions.
I can have a gotometting ready, if anyone wants to share any material for discussion...
This is an Open Forum, meaning it is not subject to OASIS formal IP rules and and does not affect voting status.
The purpose of the Open Forum is to develop a consensus on next steps for oBIX. In the recent months, I have received requests for clarifications on scheduling, on ontologies (as defined in the open source OX server) , and on smart energy. We have new members who joined to work on new issues. A DOE / NREL report issued in late Spring discussed potential standard contracts as part of commissioning.
- What do we need to do to complete the 1.1 work nearly complete?
- Do we incorporate WS-Calendar, now an OASIS Committee Specification into the core oBIX Specification?
- Do we put Ontologies in the core spec or in a separate Profile. If a separate Profile, is that Profile normative? These could be the ones from the OX server, or they could incorporate work potentially contributed from Haystack (project-haystack.org) or be based on one of the "ie" standards from BuildingSmart/NBIMS or...
- Does oBIX require specific extensions for Smart Energy, i.e., to interact with smart grids?
- Metering – a high profile intersection of Ontology and Smart Energy
One issue is that we may chose to keep the core specification small and clean or we can incorporate the material above. If incorporate, we need to decide if it is 1.1 otr 1.2/ If we do not, we may want to consider a series of non-normative Commitee Notes to address these issues.
As an Open Forum, this meeting MAY NOT decide these issues. We can listen to feedback and input, however.
Share this meeting with all those that you think should attend.
Owner: Toby Considine
Group: OASIS Open Building Information Exchange (oBIX) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link