Subject: Energy Schedules and Energy Models

Chris submitted some interesting artifacts months ago using WS-Calendar artifacts to assert operating schedules for building based systems to enable time of day energy modeling.

Since then, I have allowed this to lie fallow. In part this was because the oBIX meeting time and the EMIX meeting time were the same. EMIX is now meeting once a month, and Jeremy / LonMark have graciously assented to using their international call-in, at the old time, in weeks that EMIX does not meet. This is a considerable upgrade, as this now gives us local numbers in Europe.

Also since that time, the IETF has done considerable work on vavailability, a new WS-Calendar component for expressing repeating schedules over a period of time. This model was used in Energy Interoperation with rules for how an existing Availability is overlaid with temporary increases in availability, or overlaid with outages of “unavailability”

I propose that we extend Chris’s work to leverage the same constructs and models as described in Energy Interoperation.

I will try to produce an artifact demonstrating this soon.

tc

“It is the theory that decides what can be observed."  -- Albert Einstein

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com