Subject: Contributions and the Document Repository

Every TC in OASIS has two views, one for logged in members of the TC, and one for the public. To upload documents to the repositoriy, you must be in the logged in member view. For oBIX, this view is at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix/index.php

Near the top of the page, you will see a documents link. This takes you to a fuller document repository interface. Alternately, you could select “Add a Document”

When you add a document, it asks you for summary information about the document. I usually zip up artifacts such as XSDs and WSDLs when I am uploading them. Be sure to select the correct document library when you are uploading:

The choices are:

Calendar Documents

Meeting Notes

OASIS Standards

Contributions

The first two are to submit documents that will be discussed in an upcoming meeting, and to file minutes.

OASIS Standards is for submission of all working drafts, committee specifications, artifacts, etc. All submissions in this library should meet the OASIS Artifact Naming standards.  For the most part, you do not need to worry about the artifact standards. If you are editing a document, there will be Foo-WD01. You will be uploading a Foo-WD02. If you are starting a new template, the document name will already be in the naming standards. Contact me if you are not certain.

If I am submitting schemas, I try to keep them linked with the associated spec draft. In other words, for oBIX-SOAP-1.0-wd12, there can be an associated oBIX-SOAP-1.0-schemas-wd12. Again, please contact me before you begin any new artifact series to confirm the naming standard.

New material that you are bringing to the TC should be uploaded to the Contributions library.

tc

“It is the theory that decides what can be observed."  -- Albert Einstein

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com