Subject: Why does my email to OBIX Bounce

Some TC members have experienced email bounces. Here’s why, and how to fix it.

OASIS filters membership by email address. I am a member through UNC, and I can sign up as an OASIS member through only using an address ending in UNC.EDU. This email address is listed in my membership profile.

Any email address not in your profile will bounce. I usually work in standards from GMAIL, though.

Immediately after you log in, you have an opportunity to update your profile. In there, you will find email addresses. DO NOT change your "primary email address" (see above) unless you change jobs, and are working in OASIS through a different organization. If you normally, or even periodically, use another email address, you can add that to your profile. Add this other address as your secondary email address. This will permit email from the secondary address to be accepted by the [oBIX] technical committee.

I know at least four TC members that this will help.

tc

“It is the theory that decides what can be observed."  -- Albert Einstein

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com