Subject: RE: [obix] oBIX Artifact Naming and Titling...Titles for Encodings

I like the inclusion of Common in encodings. It better describes the current document and, as you say, it gives us greater flexibility in the future.

Markus:

Could you please change the Title of the Encodings document to:

Encodings for OBIX: Common Encodings Version 1.0

I can imagine conformance statements such as “Implementations claiming conformance must specify which of the “Encodings for oBIX” specification that they conform to.”

tc

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

-- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC

Editor, OASIS EMIX, Energy Interoperation
Campus Services Information Technology
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu