Subject: RE: [obix] oBIX Artifact Naming and Titling... Casing of oBIX/OBIX/etc

A year before I ever saw the acronym oBIX, the CABA group meeting at the first BuilConn created the name open Building Information Exchange and acronym oBIX.

This was outlined on http://www.obix.org/ which demonstrates the original casing. I try to be consistent, although I sometimes find the casing awkward, and am never sure what to do with a sentence that begins with oBIX.

If I recall, having “open” stand out from everything else was a definite style of 2002-2003. I am not sure if it is anymore. I work with another group which does something similar. The NBIMS group uses a lower case “ie” (information exchange) to “brand” all interactions between different deep domains in buildings. COBie, HVACie, SPie, ELie, and even BIMSie (discussed on the last call) are instances of this. I am unsure that the convention of the “little o” still matters.

So, do we want oBIX or OBIX?

If we want oBIX, what is the proper way to use the term at the beginning of a sentence “oBIX is the best standard ever!” or in a title “OBIX Encodings”

Replies to group, please.

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well "    -- Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com