Subject: Conversation on oBIX obix OBIX moving to list

From: Gemmill, Craig [mailto:craig.gemmill@tridium.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:53 AM
To: Toby Considine; Markus Jung
Subject: RE: Any document updates?

I don’t really care, I’ve been trying to use ‘oBIX’ because I thought that’s what the standard was, but people that are not on the TC tend to be sloppy about the way they type it, plus our Java-based naming conventions lead to common phrases like “the ObixNetwork in a Niagara station communicates using the oBIX protocol”.  So the waters are already thoroughly muddied w.r.t. case.  Most people just type ‘obix’ or ‘OBIX’, and don’t bother to get the case correct.  While I like the oBIX, maybe it’s better to just pick what people are already using?