Subject: Groups - oBIXfigure1UML.png uploaded

Submitter's message
I uploaded a draft version of a new Figure 1 for the next working draft. I can arrange it to look better in the final version, but wanted to get feedback first.

My goal was to represent the object model in UML class diagram notation, but with a little more detail. As it currently exists Figure 1 is technically a very simple UML class diagram. Major changes:

1) I added namespace/package prefixes to distinguish between oBIX and native or xsd mapped types. As it is the diagram is ambiguous.

2) Represented "val" as a proper parameterized class with type binding relations from subclasses.

3) Added the "status" enumeration for clarification.

There are some issues that I found while making the diagram, such as...
a) why does int use a uri for units while date uses a string?

b) In facets there is discussion about using tz in abstime, date, or time, but in the current Figure 1, tz is not an attribute of those classes.

c) related to b, why doesn't reltime have units?

Regards,

Chris
-- Chris Bogen
Document Name: oBIXfigure1UML.png

Description
A draft revision of the oBIX Figure 1 illustration
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Chris Bogen
Group: OASIS Open Building Information Exchange (oBIX) TC
Folder: Contributions
Date submitted: 2013-05-07 13:01:51