Subject: Changes in 1.1 spec draft - in scope?

All-

Per discussion in our most recent meeting, I am notifying everyone about the latest draft of the 1.1 oBIX spec, and requesting comments on whether any of the proposed changes constitute too much of a scope change for 1.1, versus moving these changes into the upcoming 2.0 versions.  The 2.0 version is intended not to be a core specification, but a collection of extensions to allow better enterprise interaction.  So, with that in mind, the changes that are currently in the WD10, and which are under consideration for removing from 1.1 and moving to 2.0, are:

·         Compact contract flattening (6.6.1)

·         Enabling tagging/metadata presentation (8.5)

·         Alternate History formats via URI (13.1, 13.2)

·         Compact history records (13.2.5)

Please take a look at the WD10 documents and comment to the list about whether you think these changes should be in-scope for the 1.1 version of the oBIX spec.

Public URL for oBIX 1.1 wd10: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49119&wg_abbrev=obix

Public URL for oBIX 1.1 wd10 (including change tracking): https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=49118&wg_abbrev=obix

Thanks!

Craig