Subject: RE: Changes in 1.1 spec draft - in scope? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Re 8.5

Depends how deep we want to go.

1.       Can I apply tags to point? Seems straight-forward. Do I do it through the oBIX interface or by some other means?

2.       Can I query all points with a given tag to build my collection? Seems straightforward. Can I secure points by tag type? Not sure there.

3.       If a tag is for a complex object, say a haystack an ahu with multiple ahurefs, can I query an ahu and ask for all refs? Can I query a point indicated by an  ahu-ref be traced back to the ahu? Do we support complex queries such as “return all AHUs for which at least one of the AHUREFs is not a colddeck? How about AHUs associated with *this* chillerPlant but associated with any boilerPlant other than *that* How far down this road do we go?

4.       How recursive are tag queries lets say we have an  dischargeAirTempSensor associated with a discharge associated by AHUREF to an AHU associated with a chillerPlant. Can I query, through oBIX, all dischargeAirTempSensors associated with a chillerPlant?

5.       Is a System that is otherwise 1.1 compliant but does not support tags conformant?

I guess if adding tags is out of scope (1), then not being able to perform (1) causes no issues.  If conformance is “able to query by tags if they exist”