Subject: Groups - oBIX 1.1 XML Schema: NIEM Refactoring uploaded

Submitter's message
I THOUGHT that I had already finished work on the NIEM conformant refactor of the oBIX XML schema, but I had to refactor my refactor.

The good news: This is a conformant NIEM extension schema.

The bad news: It's a bit disruptive to the original naming of elements. NIEM specifies that you must use names that begin with uppercase for elements. That is one of the less restrictive rules. Also, I had to define many of the val/min/max attributes in separate files/namespaces so that we could use the same names - NIEM restricts the definition of attributes/elements inside a type definition. All attributes and elements must be defined as direct children of the schema element and used by ref in the types.

Notice that I am also deriving all complex types from a base that extends ComplexObjectType from the NIEM structures schema. I'm pretty sure we could squeak by without doing that, so I suggest we axe that extension. It is implemented here to demonstrate the impact of full compliance if it were a NIEM extension schema.

I included the log of NIEM conformance errors detected in the original xsd. These results were provided by xmlSpy by way of the NIEM schematron rules.

Enjoy,

Chris Bogen
-- Chris Bogen
Document Name: oBIX 1.1 XML Schema: NIEM Refactoring

Description
This is a NIEM conformant refactor of Markus J.'s oBIX 1.1 xsd working
draft. The oBIX schema files, NIEM dependencies, and log of NIEM
conformance errors (relevant to original xsd draft) are included.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Chris Bogen
Group: OASIS Open Building Information Exchange (oBIX) TC
Folder: Standards
Date submitted: 2013-06-13 20:28:37