Subject: Groups - oBIX 1.1 XML Schema: NIEM Refactoring WD03 uploaded

Submitter's message
My final revision to the 1.1 schema for now. This .zip includes a revised wsdl that references the NIEM compliant schema and defines a separate schema file for the wsdl types.

My recommendation here (as in the core xsd) is to drop the extension of the NIEM ComplexObjectType. For illustrative purposes I wanted to demonstrate full conformance to NIEM extension specs, so the extension is present in the working draft.

Honestly I think NIEM is even less important in the context of the wsdl though it's perfectly fine to import a NIEM conformant oBIX core schema.

In the deliberations I recommend that we weigh the benefits of NIEM conformance with the impact on existing oBIX XML bindings. The NIEM revisions will break existing xml bindings because of the upper case element names. We can get around that issue by providing a second schema that provides substitution groups with the old lower case element names. Also we can provide xslt to and from 1.0.
-- Chris Bogen
Document Name: oBIX 1.1 XML Schema: NIEM Refactoring WD03

Description
This is a NIEM conformant refactor of Markus J.'s oBIX 1.1 xsd working
draft. The oBIX schema files, NIEM dependencies, and log of NIEM
conformance errors (relevant to original xsd draft) are included.

Working Draft 2 Notes: Alphabetically sorted and grouped declarations.

Working Draft 3 Notes: Added revised WSDL and supporting NIEM compliant
WSDL type schema (oBIX_SOAP_Types.xsd).

Note: Need to add annotations for each type.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Chris Bogen
Group: OASIS Open Building Information Exchange (oBIX) TC
Folder: Standards
Date submitted: 2013-06-14 06:14:05
Revision: 2