Subject: RE: [obix] RE: oBIX 2.0 and EMIX (UNCLASSIFIED)

I think we can define an "normal" meter definition by defining expectations of meta-tagging for metered points.
- "Meter"
- SI Units http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/
- Scale
- EMIX Interface. Notable types include End Device Asset, Meter Asset, Pricing Node (PNode), Aggregated Pricing Node, Service Location, Service Delivery Point, Transport Interface
- EnergyInterop Report Metadata: Confidence, Reading Type, Accuracy
- EnergyInterop Reading Type: Direct Read, Net, Allocated, Estimated, Summed, Derived, Mean, Peak , Hybrid , Contract, Projected

With this metadata in place, we can declare conformance of an oBIX meter with:
-NAESB Energy Usage Information (EUI) (which includes Green Button)
- EMIX
- Energy Interoperation (which includes OpenADR)

A report that includes these metatags in the header is conformant with Energy Interoperation (which includes OpenADR)

I think a short section on oBIX metering and interoperation with smart energy standards is sufficient to handle this issue.

IF you want to claim conformance with these standards
IF you want to interoperate or provide data for these systems
Then you should include THESE tags, with these names

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
-- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine
Chair, OASIS oBIX TC
Editor, OASIS EMIX, Energy Interoperation
Finance & Administration IT
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu