Subject: oBIX Web Site

It turns out that the oBIX.org web site was transferred to OASIS back in 2007. There it has sat, ignored, ever since. Noone knows what to do with it.

We could craft a page talking about oBIX without the strictures of normative TC work.

We could have it point to the OBIX TC home page

We could do something else.

There are no procedures or mechanism for this because the other TCs that have something similar, have trade associations, interoperability testing, etc. Those associations run/own the namespace, not OASIS.

In related news, I was contacted this last week by a technical school that would like to operate a vendor-neutral conformance interoperation lab for OBIX, able to place its stamp on oBIX certified products. For their part, they are considering including oBIX into their curriculm as part of a move into the internet of things.

If someone wants to discuss that, contact me,

tc

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com