Subject: RE: Handling of JIRA issues

I think there are four classes of comments:

1)      Spelling/Grammar/Tone/bad citation: Assign to Editor and just fix it

2)      Blinding Flash of Obvious Errors. May be a technical change but is totally non-controversial: Assign to Editor and just fix it

3)      Difficult issues raised in limited area. Discuss in Commitee. If Editor makes proposal, afterwards, assign to Committee Member most concerned to sign off on change.

4)      Big issues that need meeting time.

By default, Jira assigns all issues to me. (Lucky me).

When you start work, assign it to yourself, and open it.

Anyone can weigh in on comments, or make comments about the comments. This is encouraged.

If you think that 4 issues are the same, we can make some them sub-tasks.

1/2 can be addressed by noting in resolution: “Did as suggested” Or even “Rejected item 3, accepted all others.” Move issue to resolved but DO NOT CLOSE

3. Put your proposed resolution in Jira. If you think we need approval, drop the list a note and we will put it on the agenda. We can move to resolved in committee

4. Point them out. Discuss in meeting. Make comments on Jira.

When we are “all done”, we can vote to accept the resolutions en mass, and direct that they be closed.

Of course, sometime the resolution of an issue is to refuse to do what was requested, that’s OK. It still must be noted in the comments.

IF you fix the issue when working on WD25, please so note in the Jira.

tc

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

-- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC

Editor, OASIS EMIX, Energy Interoperation
Finance & Administration IT
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu