Subject: RE: [obix] Groups - OBIX-v1.1-WD14 uploaded

The way I see it, the discussion on camel case convention is not a convention for this document.  It’s a convention being described for the use of oBIX (by devices).  So it needs to go into section 5 because it’s describing the way an oBIX-compliant device needs to name its objects, not the way this document is choosing to name the entities within the specification.

I agree there can be a description in section 1 about the fact that we will use capitalized names for important concepts like Object and Contract.

From: obix@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:obix@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Considine, Toby
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 9:00 AM
To: Gemmill, Craig; obix@lists.oasis-open.org

I believe in Section 1 there should be a small section on document conventions, perhaps section 1.6 (although it could be before 1.5)

The discussion of CamelCasing should move there from 5.

Discussion of document conventions, such as the different meaning of Object and object, Contract and contract, should be described therein.

tc

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."

-- Alexander Graham Bell

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC

Editor, OASIS EMIX, Energy Interoperation
Finance & Administration IT
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu