Subject: RE: Today's Meeting

I would like to have a quick runthrough/status update of the 6 remaining issues with the core spec.  I don’t want to take a long time on each, but the issues are:

·         OBIX-35 Detailed comment on URIs – nontrivial effort, does the group agree with the commenter?

·         OBIX-1 UML diagram and text – I think Bill Cox is working on the diagram, is that true?

·         OBIX-36 Detailed discussion of REST – Group opinion: REST vs CRUD

·         OBIX-4 Transient Watches – OK to reject (based on web sockets discussion)?

·         OBIX-56 Tables & Figures – Can we close this?  It’s against multiple docs, difficult to track

·         OBIX-22 Figure references – Bill to address?  My suggestion is to reject issue (see comment), group opinion?

Thanks

-Craig

From: obix@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:obix@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Considine, Toby
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 8:20 AM
To: obix@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [obix] Today's Meeting

Chris B is on leave of absence again—so I will need someone to take notes.

We have a new member to introduce herself

After that, on, if I read the email correctly, Web Sockets, a topic that is rapidly growing in importance and interest. Again, it is my hope that we can find adequate closure to prepare for a vote for Public Review this month.

All editors are continuing to work Jira issues. Let me know if you have specific Jira issues you want to discuss this week and we’ll carve out some time for them.

tc

"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming."

-Pablo Neruda

Toby Considine

Chair, OASIS oBIX TC

Editor, OASIS EMIX, Energy Interoperation
Finance & Administration IT
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@ unc.edu