Subject: Today's Meeting

Phone in in Chat, as usual

AGENDA

0. Roll call, Agenda review

1. Approval of minutes

2. FYI / announcements from Chair, Secretary

3. Discussion

Web Sockets:

-          Formatting of 2.1.5 in WD07 and WD06

-          https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix/download.php/51240/obix-websocket-v1.0-wd07.pdf

-          https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix/download.php/51215/obix-websocket-v1.0-wd06.doc

Web Sockets and Read on Watch Service:

there is one additional question / proposal from me I already mentioned in an earlier call: currently there is following stated for "Read" in section 2.1 "After connect use WatchService functionality to subscribe to objects and read their state", and I believe that should not be that limiting only to Watches, I would also propose to allow to do a simple read request inside the requests. I am thinking around following example - just throwing out:

<obj is=”obix:Request” rid=”3”>
    <obj href="" />
</obj>

which would return, speaking in REST-style-language, GET on "/device/". Any thoughts on that?

Encodings (If Markus available)

               https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix/download.php/50884/OBIX-Encodings-v1.0-wd07.doc

Core WD17:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/obix/download.php/51227/obix-v1.1-wd17.pdf

Review new Section 5 (Lobby)

Do we need a Binding Object in the Lobby one to match the encodings? If so, should it specify Encoding/Binding Pairs? Is it permitted to say JSON encoding will only be offered with a Web Sockets binding, and with no other?

Should we put the Lobby elements in the Schema?

Other issues Editor’s choices & Jira

4. Any Other Business?

5. Adjourn

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." -- Benjamin Franklin

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com