Subject: RE: [obix] Groups - obix-v1.1-wd19.pdf uploaded

All-

I’ve made the watch changes (#1 below) to WD20, which I can post later today.

I’ve also made the corresponding changes to stdlib.obix, in case that is still important, or if the schema author wants to use it.  Will post along with WD20.

My question is about #5.  I see 1.1 as standing alone, because the references to the REST, SOAP, and Encodings docs are non-normative.  It seems to make the document more understandable to have these references in place, because it helps motivate the rules, and to give the reader a better sense of the “big picture”.  Are we sure we’d like to remove them?

If I can get feedback on that soon, I’d prefer to make the changes then post in WD20.  If I don’t hear anything I’ll just post it as is.

Thanks

Craig

From: Toby Considine [mailto:tobyconsidine@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Toby Considine
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2013 5:12 PM
To: Gemmill, Craig; obix@lists.oasis-open.org

OK, thanks. So much for reviews on a phone…

Before next PR, we need:

1.1

1)      Watch changes a indicated by Craig

2)      Changes to Schema to support (1)

3)      Additions to Schema to replace role of STDLIB.

4)      Do we need UML to represent the LOBBY additions? STDLIB? Including this might improve document clarity.

5)      OBIX Encodings, OBIX REST and OBIX SOAP should be removed from the non-normative references. Alternately, OBIX Web Sockets should be added. My concern here is that 1.1 should stand alone with no “circular’ references,

Encodings:

6)      For each encoding section, the mimetype used must be declared as described in Declarations of Binding type as described in 5.4.2. I.e., for each encoding, there should be a section that states “The mime type for this encoding is xxx”.

Binding SOAP

7)      There should be a section that indicates binding as described in section 5.4.3, i.e., the name “SOAP”, and the displayName “soapBinding”. The val, of course, is the current version of the document.

8)      Are any WSDL changes to support the Lobby changes?

Binding REST

9)      There should be a section that indicates binding as described in section 5.4.3, i.e., the name “REST”, and the displayName “restBinding”. The val, of course, is the current version of the document.

Binding WebSockets

10)   There should be a section that indicates binding as described in section 5.4.3, i.e., the name “WS” (or other), and the displayName “webSockets”. The val, of course, is the current version of the document.

11)   Once (1) is complete, the portions that describe the watch should be reviewed, and probably removed, to avoid potential redefinition and/or conflict with the core specification.

Any other issues remaining?

I am 13 timezones away from my normal one this week, and may not be able to make the meeting, but I will try. I have a new-found respect for those who have participated from Asia.

tc

"If something is not worth doing, it`s not worth doing well "    -- Peter Drucker

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com