Subject: Re: [obix] OBIX This week

Hi all,

sorry for my invisibility over the last few weeks, but today I will be able to make it and I actually just closed out most of the issue but two - which I wanted to discuss during TC time:
- Hanging paragraphs: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OBIX-107, my question: what should be done with the introductory text: deleted / moved to a new section 2.1 / ... ?
- Examples as normative: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OBIX-103, my question: is there some text to be re-used, I only found one regarding XML schema fragment?

re mqtt, that is a good idea - especially that we are using MQTT over WebSocket in our newer products, we can discuss that in the call

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
Matthias Hub

IBM Cloud Operating Environment Developer and Smarter Home Solution Development Consultant matthias.hub@de.ibm.com | +49-7034-643 x1261 | +49-160-7422995
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH Schönaicher Straße 220, 71032 Böblingen Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz, Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294

From:        Markus Jung <mjung@auto.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        obix@lists.oasis-open.org
Date:        08.04.2014 16:00
Sent by:        <obix@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi,

I will make it this week. No agenda points from my side.

Markus

Am 08.04.2014 15:46, schrieb Toby Considine:
I assume (unless Craig chimes in) that there is no comment on the core spec (1.1) this week.

The MQTT crowd has requested the registration of the name 'mqtt' as a Subprotocol Using the WebSocket Protocol. This suggests that we already have an OBIX binding for MQTT. This suggests both mqtt://some_uri and mqtts://some_uri as potentially valid OBIX end points.
·         Do we want to add something, perhaps in the intro of that Binding, to acknowledge MQTT and any other sub-protocols that may be registered?
·         Are than any adjustments to the Lobby needed for this?

Can Markus and / or Matthias make it this week? Any agenda items?

Ludo: if you can get a draft of your paper published today, then it may be the primary discussion point on Thursday.

Work your Jira. Advance your tickets through the life-cycle if appropriate.

tc

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."
- Brian W. Kernighan

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar
OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation
SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee
  Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com