Subject: Public Face of OBIX

One of our TC members has recently observed (again) that OBIX.ORG is a stale site with no new content for years. As OBIX originated in CABA, I am tossing this question this way for suggestions.

Background:

At the first BuilConn (IIRC) CABA presented its committee findings that the world needed OBIX. There was a brief flurry of activity that  resulted on Anto Budiardjo creating a web site with some discussion groups, and discussions were held. A logo was devised. A year later, not much had happened and I accepted the charge of finding a home for OBIX (OASIS), and getting actual standards work under way.

A couple years later, when OBIX 1.0 came out, Anto transferred ownership of the OBIX site to OASIS, where it sites to this day.

While it is good to have something about OBIX that is not buried deep inside the OASIS site, it is worse than not having it to have it entirely unmaintained. Clearly *I* have not been maintaining it. We need some sort of plan.

Ad-libbing freely, it could be a point where:

-          There are pointers into CABA, including to the new CABA whitepapers on the subject.

-          There are links to NIAGARA and Lynx and other US efforts

-          There is some reference to the STA, including, perhaps, information as to how to get the SDK

-          The VIT Institute of Automation, perhaps pointers to the many papers done there

-          …as well as general pointers to ETSI work

-          The Korean IACT work with OBIX, with perhaps links to the NVPP and to Energle

-          Pointers to Smart Tokyo

Any suggestions?

tc

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

- Brian W. Kernighan

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com