Subject: Anything on the Agenda?

I know we have a namespace and versioning discussion for XSD

What else is on the docket?

See comments from Robin:

If the TC wants to revision namespace name URI(s), please note the new (much) preferred format in which the /ns/ path component follows the tc-shortName:

    http://docs.oasis-open.org/[tc-shortname]/ns/xxxx

per Naming Directives

http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/ndr/namingDirectives.html#xml-namespaces

If you and the TC strongly wanted to retain the older [1] pattern (e.g.,  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/emix/xxxxx ) then we can accommodate your preference, but we are trying to get all OASIS TCs to normalize behavior using the new pattern, which is implemented in a safer manner at the server level.  And... we like uniformity.  ;-)

Newer would be:

    http://docs.oasis-open.org/energyinterop/ns/xxxx

tc

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

- Brian W. Kernighan

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com