Subject: RE: [obix] WD34 And Today

There are a number of examples in the Smart TV Alliance Smart Home spec.

https://developers.smarttv-alliance.org/PDFViewer/web/viewer.html?file=Smart_TV_Alliance_Smart_Home_Specification_v1.0.pdfhttps://developers.smarttv-alliance.org/PDFViewer/web/viewer.html?file=Smart_TV_Alliance_Smart_Home_Specification_v1.0.pdf

Ludo

From: obix@lists.oasis-open.org [obix@lists.oasis-open.org] on behalf of Toby Considine [Toby.Considine@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 6:10 AM
To: 'Obix TC List'
Subject: [obix] WD34 And Today

I think WD34 looks pretty solid. We should consider today a “white glove” test. We got it too recently to vote it out today, and there are some minor issues.

The UML diagram does not yet reflect tagspaces. I need to verify that the XSD is correct.

As I think about the conversation in the last two weeks about stdlib.obix, I think that the white paper hadnles that, Perhps stdlib.obix can even be an artifact associated with the white paper. Perhaps we can vote it out as a separate indicative artifact, treating it as if it were a white paper. In any case, there is no need and some harm for us to address it in the core spec.

Matthias: Is there a STA example that you could contribute as a chapter for “OBIX by Example”

Markus: Is there an IoT example that you could contribute?

I think we can lean on Craig/Ludo for the building oriented ones.

tc

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it."

- Brian W. Kernighan

Toby Considine
TC9, Inc

OASIS TC Chair: oBIX & WS-Calendar

OASIS TC Editor: EMIX, Energy Interoperation

SGIP Smart Grid Architecture Committee

Email: Toby.Considine@gmail.com
Phone: (919)619-2104

http://www.tcnine.com