Subject: Question about declaration of Obj in obix.xsd, and UML presentation

Toby, Craig, and all --

Opinions wanted on the xs:any representation. My recommendation is in the attached PNG (that there be no type specified for "any").

This question relates to the emboldened text in the complexType definition below.

As I read the XML Schema Recommendations, ##other refers to any namespace OTHER THAN THE TARGETNAMESPACE, so the embedded well-formed XML cannot be of the obix namespace.
Any well-formed XML that is from a namespace other than the target namespace of the type being defined (unqualified elements are not allowed)
I'm not certain how to express this in UML, however. An Obj has any number of included things of type Obj as well as any number of "any" that are well-formed but from outside the obix namespace.  My attempt in the attached PNG is to add a UML attribute "any" of no type, cardinality 0..*. See attached PNG and look in Obj.  I could also argue that in UML it should be any: string, as the well-formed XML will be representable as a string.

The diagram shows no type.

I've also made all the integer types "int" - next email will address the integral types question in more detail.
   <xs:complexType name="Obj">
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:element ref="obj" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
            <xs:any namespace="##other" processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
        </xs:sequence>
        <xs:attribute ref="display"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="displayName"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="href"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="icon"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="is"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="name"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="null"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="status" default="ok"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="ts"/>
        <xs:attribute ref="writable" default="false"/>
    </xs:complexType>
Thanks!

bill
--