Subject: Groups - obix-v1_1_WD36.1.zip uploaded

Submitter's message
Proposed schema and STA XML artifact updated to reference new schema.

I am using the 36.1 notation because I want to be able to get new comments, and submit possible new versions of the schema and still synch up with the next version of the prose specification.

Comments soon, as I'd like to short-cycle any potential changes to align with the updated specification.
-- Toby Considine
Document Name: obix-v1_1_WD36.1.zip

Description
Proposed Schema to address issues discussed in the last meeting. Note the
non-standard artifact name (36.1) to keep XSD in synch with an upcoming
WD37 of specification 1.1.

The XSD has added comments to direct viewers attention to the possibly
breaking changes.

*** Note to reviewers and users of OBIX Version 1.0 ***
A) The optional elment to insert anything from any
namespace in a contract is removed.

- The Technical Committee is not aware that
anyone has ever used it.
- It makes schema-based validity testing
impossible
- The new Tag Space constructs handle any use
case we have come up with
- The TC recommends the integration rules
suggested in NIEM et al. if cross-schema
integration is required
The Committee welcomes any input on this matter,
as it potentially breaks backward compatibility,
but we are not aware of anyone using the old
construct

B) All items of the general integer type (Int, Long,
Integer, et al.) are now Long Integers (64 bit)
(2147483647 to -2147483648)
This is not intended as a change, but as an
attempt to clear up ambiguity in the prior,
schema-less specification

The archive file also includes a version of the schema submitted by the STA
last summer demonstrating that the STA artifact conforms, mutatis mutandis
with the new schema.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Toby Considine
Group: OASIS Open Building Information Exchange (oBIX) TC
Folder: Standards
Date submitted: 2014-10-26 09:48:28