Subject: RE: [obix] Contract questions

The renaming is all that I could see was happening with the previous discussion.  If the things I think of as ‘apples’ are known as ‘oranges’ to everyone else, I am fine to start calling the ‘oranges’; it does not change what they are.  I didn’t see that there was any fundamental change in the objects from our discussion.  There is still a single thing which references an OBIX object by its URI.  Then there is a space-separated sequence of these things.  The sequence is what is the value of the “is” attribute.  It still just seems simpler to call them “contract”, and “contract list”, respectively.

From: obix@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:obix@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Considine, Toby
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 9:01 AM
To: William Cox; obix@lists.oasis-open.org

I agree.

I think you [Craig] are renaming the existing complexity rather than reaching through to simpler language. Probably too close. Forest  / Trees.

tc

“It is the theory that decides what can be observed."

—Albert Einstein

Information Technology Services
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@unc.edu
Chair, OASIS OBIX Technical Committee
Chair, OASIS WS-Calendar Technical Committee
Editor, OASIS EMIX, Energy Interoperation TC