Subject: No Meeting today and next steps

We have fallen off the end of the OBIX meetings. It has been months since a draft of the white paper.

We have the quality issues that the TAB told us immediately after publication. If we fix those and only those issues, we can vote for a non-substantive update of specs, creating CS02 for each. If we have a meeting, we have to vote at the meeting, and then have a special on-line vote that lasts a week.

We changed the rules back in 2011 or so authorizing the chair to call for an on-line special majority vote. This also takes a week but does not require the in-meeting vote first. But first we have to make the corrections.

Editors:

Can you make the corrections? Let me know if you cannot edit your document. When  all are done and uploaded, we can proceed to the on-line vote to accept non-substantive changes as the next Committee Specification.

Next steps:

Completing the white paper. Ludo?

Should we move the OASIS Standard? (This would be after the CS02)

Anyone ready for OBIX 2.0?

Standard transform from OBIX to AllJoyn and back?

Something else?

tc

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."

—Pablo Picasso

Information Technology Services
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC

Email: Toby.Considine@unc.edu
Chair, OASIS OBIX Technical Committee
Chair, OASIS WS-Calendar Technical Committee
Editor, OASIS EMIX, Energy Interoperation TC