ocpp message

Subject: Re: [ocpp] Groups - CR Unit of Message uploaded

Hi Rish, (All)

The current proposal is based on OCPP 1.6, DeviceModel and the discussion in LA.

Without tariffing & pricing and don't see a use case for things like: $/kWh. or even $ etc.

So I would propose that the Tariffing & Pricing proposal will have to add units that are fitting/needed.

Complexity with adding things like: dollar, euro... then we will need to add them all. Which ofcourse can be done...
I dont know the correct IETF/ISO/IEC standard, have to google it, but we should reference that specification in OCPP 2.0 IF we need a currency unit..

Kind regards,
Robert de Leeuw

IHomer
Hoge Ham 85
5104 JC Dongen

John F. Kennedylaan 3
5555 XC Valkenswaard

T: +31 6 2857 2123
E: robert.de.leeuw@ihomer.nl

As discussed, unit for "currency" is missing -- most of the dynamic pricing tariffs represent price of power and energy, for example, as, $/kWh or $/kW. Also, in certain instances "multiples" are used -- e.g., 2x, 4x, etc. that are indicative of the additional prices on top of the "normal" or "base" price that are determined between the utility and consumer.

-Rish

Rish Ghatikar
156 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94105