ocpp message

Subject: Re: [ocpp] Groups - CR Unit of Measure - Currency

Total agree with Brendan,

If we need to add anything with currencies, USD, EUR, GBP etc is the way to go.

Kind regards,
Robert de Leeuw

IHomer
Hoge Ham 85
5104 JC Dongen

John F. Kennedylaan 3
5555 XC Valkenswaard

T: +31 6 2857 2123
E: robert.de.leeuw@ihomer.nl

Hi Rish, (All),

I believe that using any currency symbols would not be a good idea, as only two are covered by ASCIII/ANSI code tables, so it would drop us deep into obscure parts of Unicode, an when you take the world overall, new currencies and/or currency symbols are not that rare.

Whenever/however currencies are formally introduced into OCPP (as part of tariffing and pricing or otherwise), they should always be identified by the internationally standardized three letter upper-case currency codes (“USD”, “CAD”, “EUR” ,“GBP”, etc.).

Best Regards,

Brendan McMahon | Systems Architect | ESB ecars | T: +353 1 702 6708 / +353 87 662 2150 | www.esb.ie