ocpp message

Subject: Re: [ocpp] OCPP Not Authorized Reason

All,

I'm in agreement with Option 1 - an explict enumeration of the possible reasons a card is declined provides an easier means of conveying that to the end user (and then potentially back to a call center agent).

Anthony Martinez
Equipment Quality Engineer
EVgo - Operations
1000 N. Post Oak Rd. Ste. 240, Houston, TX 77055
713-581-4580

From: ocpp@lists.oasis-open.org <ocpp@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Robert de Leeuw <robert.de.leeuw@ihomer.nl>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2016 03:32
To: Buve, Franc
Cc: ocpp@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Franc, (All)

Oeps: Typo, I should not work on 2 thing that look much the same: StopReason vs NotAuthorizedReason..

Kind regards,
Robert de Leeuw

IHomer
Hoge Ham 85
5104 JC Dongen

John F. Kennedylaan 3
5555 XC Valkenswaard

T: +31 6 2857 2123
E: robert.de.leeuw@ihomer.nl

Hi Robert,

I am in favour of extending the AuthorizationStatus enumeration. A  StopReason is something very different from a reason for not authorizing. I also got the impression that StopReason is a free format text field, which would make automated processing impossible.

We can add some fairly generic statuses to AuthorizationStatus to deal with the ‘not enough funds’ and ‘fast charging not allowed’ and similar cases.

I propose the following additions:

·        NoCredit – e.g. when pre-paid card is empty

·        SubscriptionMismatch – e.g. when using a valid card on a type of charger that is not supported by your subscription

Regards,

-Franc