ocpp message

Subject: RE: [ocpp] Groups - Ballot opened: "Possible replacement TC (see ballot description)"

Dear TC participants,

OASIS today is asking all TC participants if they would be willing to
support a replacement RAND TC should our current TC close. We regret to
inform you that we have not been consulted regarding this ballot question
and we do not support this action.

We as TC Chairs speak on behalf of this TC’s co-proposers that we are not
prepared to compromise our principles under threat of any patent holder.
OCPPv2.0 will be published as an open, IP- and royalty free standard. If
this turns out not to be possible within the OASIS organization, we deeply
regret this but will look forward to development and collaboration as an
independent OCA and TC.

Rish Ghatikar

Lonneke Driessen-Mutters

Van: workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org] Namens
tc_admin@oasis-open.org
Verzonden: vrijdag 16 december 2016 01:01
Aan: Lonneke.Driessen@openchargealliance.org
Onderwerp: [ocpp] Groups - Ballot opened: "Possible replacement TC (see
ballot description)"

"Possible replacement TC (see ballot description)" has opened.

Ballot Title: Possible replacement TC (see ballot description)
<https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ocpp/ballot.php?id=3025>

  _____

Question
Would you consider joining a replacement TC ( under OASIS RAND IPR Mode), if
the current OCPP TC (under Non-assertion Mode) is closed?

Closing Date: Thursday, 22 December 2016 @ 11:59 pm UTC

Description
OASIS seeks input on the future operation of the OCPP technical committee in
light of disclosed litigation threats. Would each TC member please indicate
in this ballot whether it would, or would not, consider joining a
replacement TC, reopened under the OASIS RAND IPR Mode, if the current TC
(which runs under the OASIS Non-Assertion IPR Mode) is closed.

This advisory ballot does not bind any party to take any action, but will be
helpful to OASIS and the TC members in their planning. The numeric results
of this ballot will be posted, but individual votes will not be posted.
Disclosures of litigation threats against the OCPP TC's operation are posted
here:  <https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ocpp/ipr.php>
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ocpp/ipr.php

 <https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ocpp/ballot.php?id=3025>
Vote

*	Yes
*	No

  _____

Group: OASIS OCPP Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Data Exchange TC
Date Opened: Friday, 16 December 2016 @ 12:00 am UTC