odata-comment message

Subject: Conflicting declarations about EntityContainer in CSDL

Hi, Dear Committee Members,

I am working on a hypermedia-driven OData client. While reading the standard document, I found there’re conflicting declarations about EntityContainer.

Section 13
Each metadata document used to describe an OData service MUST define *exactly one* entity container.

Section 3.2
The edmx:DataServices element MUST contain *one or more* edm:Schema elements which define the schemas exposed by the OData service.

Section 5.1
The edm:Schema element contains *one or more* of the following elements:

There’s ambiguity about *how many EntityContainers* could be specified in one metadata document. However, it make sense to have exactly one EntityContainer per service. Shall we consider moving the EntityContainer one level up to DataServices?

Thanks
Wei