odata-comment message

Subject: Re: [odata-comment] Navigation property bindings

Although this issue is more complex than 1091 I think the resolution is simpler and it seems to address the issue I raised.

Incidentally, while reading the resolution I noticed:

> In the Capabilities vocabulary we have the IndexableByKey annotation that could be applied to a navigation property to explicitly state that you can use the convention to address members. That would be a better way to determine addressability than presence of the navigation property binding.

This proposal speaks exactly to the question I posted to the discussion forum earlier today (I wish I’d read your resolution first).

In my Python library I want to do dictionary look-up of a key in an EntitySet and in collection-valied navigation properties where I know they are bound to an entity set.  It was this use case that triggered my original question about the bindings.  The problem I have now is that I simply don’t know whether the navigation property supports indexing by key or not.

I’m not sure how much these annotations have really caught on amongst people implementing the spec.

Thank you for taking the time to research the issues I raised and offer these resolutions.

Steve