Subject: Re: [odata] Parsing the OData ABNF

I am also interested.

Am 09.08.12 18:35, schrieb Handl, Ralf:
-----Original Message-----
From: odata@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:odata@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of kenb
Sent: Thursday, 9. August 2012 18:28
To: odata@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [odata] Parsing the OData ABNF

I tried to parse the ABNF grammar statements from the core (OData
ABNF.markdown) and found some syntax errors, such as mismatched
parentheses, undefined terms, etc. Also quite a few of the rules are
undefined (with comments indicating what they should be).  It was easy
to fill in the ones that specified an RFC, but many others had no
citation.  How should these be handled?

-- Ken Baclawski
Which parser did you use? I'd love to have an automated check of the ABNF.

Have tried a tool from IETF / Bill Fenner:
svn checkout http://bap.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ bap-read-only

but on mac and on ubuntu the make bails out with
errors.

What I will try next is: parse2 from parse2.com

Marketing says: "parse2 produces the aParse parser generator that reads Augmented BNF grammars and produces Java or C++ classes that can build parse trees for valid instances of those grammars. aParse is free to download and use without any obligations or limitations. "

$> java -jar aparse-2.2.jar
com.parse2.aParse.parser 2.2
error: insufficient arguments
usage: com.parse2.aParse.parser [-language java | cpp] [-trace] [-destdir directory] [-includedirs directory;...] file
 java: [-java 1.4 | 5.0] [-package packagename]
  cpp: [-namespace namespace] [-main] [-visitors visitor;...]

Stefan.