Subject: RE: [odata] Groups - Minutes of 2012-09-06 Meeting#6 uploaded

Hi Stefan,

Looking at our SVN repository I see mainly plural names: starting with the SVN conventions /branches and /tags, continuing with /trunk/fingerprints, /trunk/minutes, /trunk/proposals, /trunk/tools, so /trunk/spec/schemas fits in nicely.

In fact the only exception is /trunk/spec, so maybe we should rename it to /trunk/specs J

I’d like to keep the folder tree as shallow (or fordable) as possible, so I’d prefer /xsd over /schema/xsd (and still prefer /schemas over /xsd J).

@All: opinions?

Thanks in advance!
--Ralf

From: Stefan Drees [mailto:stefan@drees.name]
Sent: Friday, 7. September 2012 09:16
To: Handl, Ralf
Cc: Stefan Drees; odata@lists.oasis-open.org

* PGP Signature not checked

Hi Ralf,

thanks, will update accordingly. Just as a side note:

    Isn't this considered bad style everywhere else, I mean "pluralizing" container names :?)

Also more to the point, wouldn't "xsd" be far more precise, since "rnc" or "rng" would be shorthand/extensions for other beautiful schema languages*
our schemas might be described in. Or maybe my best offering this morning:

    /schema/xsd/

What do You think?
@all: ... and the others?

May we reach consensus with the path "/schema/xsd/" ?

*)
rnc -> RELAX NG Schema - Compact
rng -> RELAX NG Schema - XML-Format
xsd -> W3C XML Schema

PS(With regard to the minutes revision link):
I had for now to refrain from direct svn linkage with these minutes, since the download-link given by the svn web interface did not work as expected.
(The impossible revision 0 was offered by the interface when I reached revision 37 starting from the root of svn via https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/odata/?sc=0
[it still gives a wrong revision: Klicktrail: trunk -> minutes -> then the meetin#6-html-link. In the top of page it says Reviosn 37 (correct)
but if you hover over the download link it says "...rev=0"
].
First I thought, I had deleted the wrong query portion instead deleting "&isdir=0" having deleted "37&isdir=" but this was not the case.)
Maybe we should carefully watch the links on the otherwise nicely "revision conscious" web interface of SVN.

PPS:
Our main member TC dashboard "OASIS Open Data Protocol (OData) TC" has the link named Version Control this is the entry to the root ov svn sed in PS above.

All the best,
Stefan.