Subject: Topic: Schema - place and language (changed from minutes comment)

Hi Ralf,

Am 07.09.12 10:52, schrieb Handl, Ralf:
...Looking at our SVN repository I see mainly plural names: starting with
the SVN conventions /branches and /tags, continuing with
/trunk/fingerprints, /trunk/minutes, /trunk/proposals, /trunk/tools, so
/trunk/spec/schemas fits in nicely.

In fact the only exception is /trunk/spec, so maybe we should rename it
to /trunk/specs J

I’d like to keep the folder tree as shallow (or fordable) as possible,
so I’d prefer /xsd over /schema/xsd (and still prefer /schemas over /xsd J).

@All: opinions?

no problem with SVN folder names. I had more the packaging target and subsequent URL for client XMLs in mind.

I also left the minutes untouched, since /trunk/schemas nicely qualifies as a "schema subfolder" as minuted from the discussion.

Onto something completely different: As we do not seem to be able to come up with a normative schema for CSDL, might we enhance the situation, in adding a more capable schema language, where all scenarios might be supported/validated against, thus describing CSDL normatively? What about RELAX NG, or schematron?

@All: opinions? Shall we investigate? What were the corner cases, that show the "unexpressible parts" of a schema attempt formulated in the W§C Schema Language?

All the best,
Stefan.