Subject: RE: Higher bar for accepting issues for OData v4.0

Ø  Reminder – if you have class D issues that you like to see addressed in OData v4.0 core Work Products, please file them *before* Feb 7th,  2013, so we can review and accept them during the TC meeting on Feb 7th. Also, before or during the Feb 7th TC meeting, please indicate which of the class D issues on core Work Products you like to see accepted for processing during OData v4.0. Any class D issues on the OData core Work Products that arrive later than or not accepted for processing during the TC meeting on Feb 7th will be deferred to a future revision (such as or v4.1 or v5.0).

At the TC meeting on Feb 7th, if the number of such class D issues are unknown or it is going to take time to go through them all or they are not small in number, then instead of attempting to review and accept all such class D issues during the meeting (which may be time consuming and may distract us from making progress on issues during the meeting), I suggest that we process the issues filed before Feb 7th using the existing algorithm for processing issues in TC meetings, and for issues filed on or after Feb 7th defer them to a future version. In order to make this work, we will just remember the last issue that was filed before Feb 7 and use that as the marker for determining class D issues to be deferred to a future revision.

From: odata@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:odata@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Ram Jeyaraman (MS OPEN TECH)
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 5:46 PM
To: 'odata@lists.oasis-open.org'

[resending]

From: Ram Jeyaraman (MS OPEN TECH)
Sent: Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:09 AM
To: odata@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Higher bar for accepting issues for OData v4.0

At the Zurich OData F2F meeting, we broadly classified the issues (on OData Work Products) under four categories:

  • Class A: Purely editorial corrections
  • Class B: Something is broken: Major/minor technical flaws or interoperability problems
  • Class C: Nothing is broken but need this for a “real good” reason: Major/minor technical changes
  • Class D: Nothing is broken but nice to have: Major/minor technical improvements

The TC agreed that for OData v4.0 core Work Products, we will raise the bar for accepting issues; specifically, we agreed that, starting Feb 7th, 2013, for issues on core Work Products, the TC will only accept class A, class B, and class C issues for processing during OData v4.0. Class D issues will be deferred to a future revision (such as or v4.1 or v5.0).