Subject: OASIS20 & the ODATA TC

Dear TC Members:

As you know, OASIS will be celebrating two decades of advancing open standards with milestone member gatherings in 2013. The first OASIS20 event will be held in Santa Clara, California on Wednesday, 3 April, from 5:30-7:30 PM, as part of the Cloud Connect Conference.  All aspects of the OASIS20 event are open & FREE to attend.  OASIS members will also receive a 25% discount, if they decide to attend the Cloud Connect Conference.

During the OASIS20 event, we will be offering time on the agenda for micro-presentations featuring our Cloud standards work. The ODATA TC is invited to designate a representative to deliver a short (3 minute) presentation during this portion.  We're looking for a basic overview of the work and how it relates to the Cloud, the benefits of using ODATA, and what's ahead for the TC.  No slides are necessary.  Please discuss this opportunity during your next meeting and let me know who your representative will be by 1 March.  Feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

FYI:  OASIS 20 will also feature:

< On the Docket Briefing – members briefing members on specifications up for OASIS standard vote or public review

< OASIS20 Reception – open to all members and attendees of Cloud Connect free of charge; perfect place to network with other OASIS members, directors, staff and Cloud Connect attendees

< OASIS Distinguished Contributor Awards – the 2013 inductees will presented with their award during OASIS20

< Book Table Donation & Raffle – any books that feature technical and executive-level information on OASIS standards and specs are welcome. If anyone is interested in donating a book or two, we will display them throughout the event (with purchasing details) and raffle them off during the reception. Authors, publishers, or collectors interested in donating books should contact jane.harnad@oasis-open.org by 21 March.

< And finally, don’t forget about our t-shirt design contest.  All are invited to show their talents by designing a t-shirt to commemorate the OASIS 20th Anniversary. Be serious or fun or witty or all of the above!  The winning design will appear on t-shirts distributed at OASIS20. Designs are due 1 March.

Thank you again for reviewing all the above.  Please feel free to call or email me directly with any questions.  We look forward to seeing you everyone in Santa Clara!

Regards,

Jane

Jane Harnad

OASIS