Subject: Re: [odata] Ralf Handl has shared a folder with you

Hi,

Since the mails of this thread come in scrambled out of order (at least on my end) I would like to ensure with this mail, that there is a common understanding of our need and our workaround:

We need a single document instance (per work product), that may be edited simultaneously from the members without loosing intermediate changes of other members/editors.

These conflicts and unintended deletions would happen when using kavi and the revision download/upload cycle offered.

SVN is also not the way to go here, since merges of word BIFF or office xml files upon commit are nearly never really intended, since these often simply destroy the document.

So we put it on a shared drive and have mediated access to maxmize the simultaneously possible comments and change proposals (for wording typo removal etc.)

If OASIS can offer such a feature, we will happily use this.

Does this sound ok and decidable?

All the best,
Stefan.