Subject: updating OData client

I’ve been asked to ball bark the effort for updating the C++ client to V4 of the spec.

My guesstimate is that it should take about 50% of the effort that created it in the first place because of 2 assumptions:

1)      That OData is backwards compatible, server responses to the client are sensitive to the clients ability.

2)      Most of the changes in the V4 spec are enhancements on the existing spec, not requiring any new fundamental change (ie like the addition of JSON support in the past).

That seem reasonable to the group?  Anything I’m missing?

cheers

Ed Bourne | 519-597-2863 or Toll Free: 1.888.746.5831 x72863 "Reach Me Anywhere"

Sr. Enterprise Developer, Enterprise Developer Partnerships

 cid:image001.gif@01CE047A.9B1970A0cid:image002.jpg@01CE0AA4.D6F6DCE0