Subject: RE: [odata] What about count as standard aggregation method in odata-data-aggregation

Hi Stefan,

We have the virtual variable $count instead, inspired by the /$count path suffix defined in OData Core. So you can aggregate($count as NumberOfStuff), see section 3.1.5.

Happy New Year!
--Ralf

-----Original Message-----
From: odata@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:odata@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Stefan Drees
Sent: Wednesday, 8. January 2014 16:47
To: odata@lists.oasis-open.org

It may well have slipped my attention, but upon reading the current
odata-data-aggregation draft I somehow miss count in the exhaustive list
of standard aggregations.

We have as standard aggregation methods sum, min, max, average, and
countdistinct.

May I kindly ask, if someone could help me out by providing a reason why
we have countdistinct but not count? Is it because of some subtle
problems when including NULLs in an aggregate (like possiby in count)
with further "rollup" operations?

For now I do not plan to follow up with mails requesting STDDEV_POP,
STDDEV_SAMP, VAR_POP, VAR_SAMP or the like. It's just count :-)

Thanks a lot in advance,
Stefan.