Subject: GeoJSON has been submitted to the IETF - Happy New Year :-)

Dear OData TC members,

this morning I received the following message:

"""
A new version of I-D, draft-butler-geojson-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by S. Gillies and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-butler-geojson
Revision:	00
Title:		The GeoJSON Format
Document date:	2014-01-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		17
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-butler-geojson-00

Abstract:
   GeoJSON is a geospatial data interchange format based on JavaScript
   Object Notation (JSON).  It defines several types of JSON objects and
   the manner in which they are combined to represent data about
   geographic features, their properties, and their spatial extents.
   This document recommends a single coordinate reference system based
   on WGS 84.  Other coordinate reference systems are not recommended.

The IETF Secretariat
"""

I hope we will soon have a shiny referenceable RFC and as one of the authors I will do my best to actively help driving it through the usual discussion process on the ietf mailing list.

PS:
Maybe we (@OData) can also shift at a later time from JSON to the new JSON-bis (with the inclusion detailed in http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/json/current/msg02361.html) ?

All the best,
Stefan.