OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

odata message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [odata] Agenda for OData TC meeting on 2015-09-03 - chat transcript

anonymous morphed into Mike Pizzo


Mike Pizzo: I will be on the call, but won't have internet connectivity. Can someone please register my attendance?  Thanks!


anonymous morphed into Matt Borges (SAP)


Stefan: @Mike: Done.


Room information was updated by: Stefan
Please register as usual at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/event.php?event_id=39114


Stefan: Info: Voting Members: 2 of 13 (15%) (used for quorum calculation) ... due to LeaveOfAbsence rules http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/images/wink.gif
Stefan: @Ralf: Please send raw chat script around as usual. I may have problems dialing in and may even be dropped from chat during the call. Thanks a lot in advance.


Ralf Handl (SAP): Will do
Ralf Handl (SAP): Had dial-in problems, too
Ralf Handl (SAP): Am in now, but seem to be alone in the call


anonymous morphed into Mark Biamonte
Mark Biamonte morphed into Mark Biamonte (Progress)
anonymous morphed into Ted Jones (Red Hat)


Stefan: Voting Members: 8 of 14 (57%) (used for quorum calculation)


Ralf Handl (SAP): Voting Members: 8 of 14 (57%) (used for quorum calculation)
Ralf Handl (SAP): Quorum achieved
Ralf Handl (SAP): Document organization
Ralf Handl (SAP): Ralf to merge JSON CSDL parts of "Entity Type" chapter into Part 3
Ralf Handl (SAP): Mike to figure out how to incorporate the "abstract/conceptual" part into Part 1
Ralf Handl (SAP): Next meeting: next week, September 10
Ralf Handl (SAP): Until then: review proposals of issues for V4.01
Ralf Handl (SAP): Next meeting: short review of issues with proposals, no attempt to resolve them
Ralf Handl (SAP): Meeting is adjourned
Ralf Handl (SAP): Summary of the discussion:
Ralf Handl (SAP): Data Aggregation Extension: decide after public review whether to have another CSD04 or whether to progress CSD03 to CS02
Ralf Handl (SAP): Two tentative intentions of use, need three for progressing it to COS01 (Candidate OASIS Specification)
Ralf Handl (SAP): Temporal Extension: postpone by 6 months, focus on JSON CSDL and V4.01 until then
Ralf Handl (SAP): JSON CSDL: we'll use JSON Schema as the "carrier format" and decide how to map the OData-specific features (primitive type system, nullable, navigation, entity container and children) into JSON Schema
Ralf Handl (SAP): Need to decide whether to optimize for non-OData-aware existing tools or whether to optimize for compactness and rely more on OData-specific extensions



From: odata@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:odata@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Handl, Ralf
Sent: Dienstag, 1. September 2015 15:57
To: odata@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [odata] Agenda for OData TC meeting on 2015-09-03


Here [1] is a draft agenda for the OData TC (Technical Committee) meeting scheduled on Thursday September 03, 2015 during 8-10am PDT (17:00-19:00 CEST). For additional information, such as dial-in details and chat room, refer to [2]. For TC timeline, see [3]. Feel free to suggest additions or modifications.




[1] Agenda


1.         Roll call [8:00am PT]

a.     Self-registration link: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/event.php?event_id=39114


2.         Approve agenda [8:05am PT]


3.         Approve minutes from previous meeting(s) [8:10am PT]

a.     Minutes from July 16, 2015 TC meeting: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/56122/odata-meeting-102_on-20150716-minutes.html


4.         Review action items [Action item list: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/members/action_items.php] [8:15am PT]

a.     Action items due

                                      i.     None


5.         Planning of next steps

a.     Data Aggregation CSD03 public review

                                      i.     Started on 28 August 2015 00:00 UTC

                                     ii.     Ends on 11 September 2015 23:59 UTC

                                    iii.     No comments so far on mailing list https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/odata-comment/


b.     Temporal CSD01

                                      i.     Work on final document delayed

                                     ii.     Proposal: postpone to March 2016


c.     JSON Format for CSDL 4.0 and OData Version 4.01

                                      i.      Document Organization

1.     Split Part 3 CSDL into “Concept” and “XML” (see ODATA-743)

a.     Problem: hard to give examples without being format-specific

b.     Danger of redundancy

2.     Merge JSON CSDL into Part 3

a.     Problem: size of document

3.     Option: split off “Metadata Service” into own document, mainly interesting for “update metadata” use cases

a.     Mitigates size problem


d.     JSON Format for CSDL 4.0

                                      i.     How to finalize the document?

1.     Create issue for each gap or area of concern, e.g. primitive type mapping, nullability, enumerations, …

2.     Add concrete proposals

3.     Discuss issues in [Proposed] state in TC


e.     OData Version 4.01

                                      i.     How to attack the so far 45 issues?

1.     Discuss issues in [Proposed] state: currently 18 issues

2.     Add concrete proposals to remaining 27 issues, then discuss them in TC call: volunteers needed for adding proposals


6.         Process issues [Issues list: https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ODATA] [8:20am PT]

a.     Issues for V4.01_WD01 in New or Open state

                                      i.     OData Batch Processing Format

1.     ODATA-480 $batch: remove restriction "within the same change set " for Content-ID referencing


                                     ii.     OData CSDL

1.     ODATA-674 Specify navigation property binding combined with containment

2.     ODATA-557 Allow exponential notation for Edm.Decimal

3.     ODATA-747 Allow IEEE 754 constants [-]INF and NaN also for Edm.Decimal

4.     ODATA-516 Add super type Edm.AnyPath for Edm.PropertyPath, Edm.NavigationPropertyPath, and Edm.AnnotationPath

5.     ODATA-560 Allow arbitrary properties in referential constraints



                                    iii.     OData JSON Format

1.     ODATA-561 odata.type shouldn't require "#"

2.     ODATA-630 Consider making odata the default namespace for annotations

3.     ODATA-814 Don't need TargetId in a deleted link for a to 0..1 relationship


                                    iv.     OData Protocol

1.     ODATA-809 Define non-message format for final response of async request

2.     ODATA-812 Allow omitting namespaces for unambiguous functions/actions

3.     ODATA-824 Header Content-Transfer-Encoding not used in HTTP

4.     ODATA-827 introduce $compute query option


                                     v.     OData URL Conventions

1.     ODATA-836 Allow applying actions to a filtered collection of entities

2.     ODATA-572 Clarify that eq, ne can be used with complex type

3.     ODATA-834 Make type prefix optional for enumeration literals in URLs


                                    vi.     OData Vocabularies

1.     ODATA-696 Support "interfaces" for casting entities to multiple different types


b.     Issues for V4.0_ERRATA03 in New or Open state

                                      i.     OData CSDL

1.     ODATA-825 AnnotationPath and Path _expression_: traversal of multiple collection-valued scalar or navigation properties


                                     ii.     OData JSON Format

1.     ODATA-828 Update I-JSON reference


                                    iii.     OData Protocol

1.     ODATA-830 Header OData-EntityId: when required

2.     ODATA-837 Example 28: replace $deltaToken with a valid custom query option


                                    iv.     OData URL Conventions

1.     ODATA-835 5.1: PATCH missing in list of operations that do not allow system query options


7.         Next meeting [9:50am PT]

a.     Thursday September 10, 2015 during 8-10am PT?


8.         AOB and wrap up [9:55am PT]


[2] References

·       Conference call details: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/download.php/46401/TC%20meeting%20dial-in%20details.htm

·       Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odatatc


[3] Timeline

·       https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=56024&wg_abbrev=odata





[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]