Subject: JSON as default format

I know that the default format for services in OData v4 changed to be JSON, but I am having difficulty in the spec finding where it explicitly states that.  I would have expected to find something in the definition of the accept header and the $format query parameter.  Something along the lines of if the accept header and $format query parameter are not present then the JSON format is used.

Mark