Subject: RE: Agenda for OData TC meeting 2016-05-05
[7:57] anonymous morphed into Matt Borges (SAP)
[8:39] Ram (Microsoft): Many from Europe are on vacation. The group met briefly to talk about general topics such as timeline for v4.01 issues, OASIS Open Repository for OData, and ISO standardization.
[8:40] Susan Malaika (IBM): thank you for explaining
[8:40] Ram (Microsoft): v4.01 issues - The list of issues v4.01 issues on the agenda are the one we currently plan to tackle for v4.01 CSD01 (Committee Specification Draft 01). Please review the list and point out any issues that are missing and which need to be included in CSD01.
[8:41] Ram (Microsoft): ISO standardization - no word yet on when the approved document would be published. In anticipation of the official announcement, we need to prepare quotes for the press release, etc. Ram will send some information to the TC mailing list.
[8:43] Ram (Microsoft): OASIS Open Repo for OData - Members are encouraged to obtain any form of internal approvals they may need from their companies (or orgs) to contribute to the OSS project under Apache 2 license.
[8:46] Ram (Microsoft): Thanks Susan
[8:46] Ram (Microsoft): We will meet again next week.
[8:47] Ram (Microsoft): The TC did not approve minutes or make any formal decisions during the meeting today.
[8:47] Ram (Microsoft): Meeting adjourned.
Here  is the agenda for the OData TC (Technical Committee) meeting scheduled on Thursday May 5, 2016 during 8-10am Pacific Time. For additional information, such as dial-in details and chat room, refer to . For TC timeline, see . Feel free to suggest additions or modifications.
i. #0032: Overview presentation on HTTP/2 features (due May 19, 2016)
ii. #0035: Identify the right open source license for the OASIS Open Source repositories for vocabularies and libraries (due March 31, 2016)
5. Review of HTTP/2 features by Martin Zurmuehl [8:20am]
i. ODATA-905 Example 67: result row for USA, Sugar missing, Example 68: last total should be 7
ii. ODATA-904 Example 55: clarify groupby in combination with relationships of instance cardinality zero
iii. ODATA-909 ABNF for pathPrefix should also allow qualified ComplexTypeName
1. ODATA-516 - Add super type Edm.AnyPath for Edm.PropertyPath, Edm.NavigationPropertyPath, and Edm.AnnotationPath
2. ODATA-545 - Allow applying Capability terms CountRestrictions, TopSupported, SkipSupported etc. to all resources returning collections
3. ODATA-571 - Add annotation for properties that are (not) part of the default selection if no $select is specified
4. ODATA-631 - Allow expressing that a term can be applied any collection and is not restricted to entity sets
5. ODATA-735 - Enhance the CSDL for instance annotations
6. ODATA-811 - Define propagation and (partial) overriding of annotations
7. ODATA-816 - Add Capability term for filter _expression_ restrictions
8. ODATA-859 - Define term, semantics for inserting error information into a (mostly) successful response
9. ODATA-884 - Add term ErrorCodes to describe possible codes in error messages (public comment c201510e00019)
ii. OData protocol
1. ODATA-920 Specify overflow for int data types
2. ODATA-919 Specify the result type for each operation based on operator types
4. ODATA-812: Allow omitting namespaces for unambiguous functions/actions
5. ODATA-846: Add version 4.01
iii. Simplified Payload
1. ODATA-818 Omit properties whose value is null or the $metadata-defined default value
2. ODATA-809 Define non-message format for final response of async request
iv. New Query Capabilities
1. ODATA-614 Allow $expand, $select, ... with POST/PATCH/PUT in combination with return=representation to specify the response shape
2. ODATA-827 introduce $compute query option
3. ODATA-798 - Semantic Key or Alternate Key for entity types
1. ODATA-849 Add possibility for enumeration types to "extend" another enumeration type
2. ODATA-494 Define inheritance for enumeration types
3. ODATA-874 Allow Edm.String as underlying type for enumeration types
vi. OData CSDL
2. ODATA-618: Allow using term names in positions that allow type names
3. ODATA-929: Nullable facet should default to false for collection types, rather than being unspecified
4. ODATA-674: Specify navigation property binding combined with containment *
5. ODATA-935: Allow singletons to be members of an entity set
vii. JSON Format
1. ODATA-868 - Describe format for In-Stream errors
1. ODATA-541 - Allow the If-Match header to reference the ETag that resulted from an earlier operation in a batch request
ix. Complex Types
1. ODATA-560 - Allow arbitrary properties in referential constraints
1. ODATA-557 - Allow exponential notation for Edm.Decimal
2. ODATA-747 - Allow IEEE 754 constants [-]INF and NaN also for Edm.Decimal and integer types
ii. URL Conventions
1. ODATA-933: Allow using instance annotations in $filter
1. ODATA-619: Attach action and function signatures to terms, i.e. make a term definition an interface definition
2. ODATA-696: Support "interfaces" for casting entities to multiple different types
iv. Set operations
1. ODATA-836: Allow applying actions to a filtered collection of entities
9. OData CSDL JSON [9:40am]
a. Parked issues
i. ODATA-906 Consider how to specify an included namespace as a default in JSON CSDL
ii. ODATA-890 Specify how to get from a JSON message to a JSON schema for validating this message
iii. ODATA-863 Represent Terms similar to Types
b. Thursday May 12, 2016?