OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

odata message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: Agenda for OData TC meeting on 2018-04-26

Chat transcript. Thanks, everyone, for the great discussion!


[7:44] Room information was updated by: Stefan Hagen
OASIS Open Data Protocol (OData) TC OData TC Weekly Meeting (Conference Call) #212
- Thursday, 26 April 2018, 08:00am to 10:00am PDT
 - i.e. 2018-04-26 17:00 to 19:00 CEST (UTC+2)
 - other timezone? Try eg.:
  - https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=4&day=26&hour=15&min=0&sec=0&p1=47&p2=69&p3=179
- Chat:
 - http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odatatc   # ... this place
- ScreenShare and Voice:
 - https://sap.emea.pgiconnect.com/OData-TC
Next Planned meetings (tentative):
- Thursday May 03, 2018 during 8-10 am PDT (17:00-19:00 CEST)
 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/event.php?event_id=46254
- Thursday May 10, 2018 during 8-10 am PDT (17:00-18:00 CEST)
 - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/event.php?event_id=46255
Agenda-Draft E-Mail URL / Will appear there:
- E-Mail Public URL = "" href="https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/odata/201804/maillist.html" target="_blank">https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/odata/201804/maillist.html
Minutes Draft Public URLs (previous meetings):
- URL = "" href="https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62976/odata-meeting-211_on-20180419-minutes.html" target="_blank">https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62976/odata-meeting-211_on-20180419-minutes.html
Online document walkthroughs or presentations:
- URL = "" href="https://sap.emea.pgiconnect.com/OData-TC" target="_blank">https://sap.emea.pgiconnect.com/OData-TC
- Conference call details: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/download.php/56760/TC%20meeting%20dial-in%20details.htm 
- URL = "" href="https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62637/TC%20Timeline-2018-03-02.docx" target="_blank">https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62637/TC%20Timeline-2018-03-02.docx 
Agenda Draft (for meeting #212):
! Please look for agenda at:
Meeting Member URL:
- URL = "" href="https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/event.php?event_id=46253" target="_blank">https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/event.php?event_id=46253
 - Please use starting approx. 15 minutes before the meeting for self registration. Thanks.
 - Self registration deep link (as a service):
   - https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/record_my_attendance.php?event_id=46253&confirmed=1


[8:06] Michael Pizzo: Voting Members: 6 of 11 (54%) (used for quorum calculation)
[8:18] Michael Pizzo: Compact JSON Document link: i.https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62898/odata-compact-json-format-v4.0.pdf
[9:03] Michael Pizzo: Agenda: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/odata/201804/maillist.html
[9:05] Michael Pizzo: Agenda approved
[9:05] Michael Pizzo: Minutes from previous meeting: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62976/odata-meeting-211_on-20180419-minutes.html
[9:05] Michael Pizzo: Minutes from the previous meeting approved by unanimous consent
[9:05] Michael Pizzo: No action items
[9:06] Michael Pizzo: 5a Compact JSON Walkthrough


[9:07] Hubert Heijkers (IBM): I formally contribute on behalf of IBM my proposal for a Compact JSON format for OData, the document can be found at this link: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62898/odata-compact-json-format-v4.0.pdf


[9:07] Michael Pizzo: Thank you, Hubert, for the contribution.
[9:10] Michael Pizzo: 6.Issues [9:20 am PT]
[9:11] Michael Pizzo: a.V4.01: NEW or OPEN
[9:11] Michael Pizzo: i.ODATA-1174 JSON CSDL should not require nullable attribute for collections 
[9:12] Michael Pizzo: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/ODATA-1174
[9:17] Michael Pizzo: OData-1174 is open


[9:20] George Ericson (Dell): Motion to approve OData-1174


[9:20] Matt Borges (SAP): I second


[9:21] Michael Pizzo: ODATA-1174 is resolved as proposed.
[9:21] Michael Pizzo: ii.ODATA-1173 14.4.11: Description of Null
[9:23] Michael Pizzo: Proposal: 
The null _expression_ indicates the absence of value. The null _expression_ MAY be annotated. The null _expression_ MUST be written with element notation.
[9:23] Michael Pizzo: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/ODATA-1173
[9:23] Michael Pizzo: exisiting wording: "The null _expression_ returns an untyped null value"
[9:25] Michael Pizzo: OData-1173 is open


[9:26] Mark Biamonte (Progress): I move that OData-1173 be resolved as proposed


[9:26] Michael Pizzo: I second
[9:26] Michael Pizzo: OData-1173 is resolved as proposed.
[9:27] Michael Pizzo: iii.ODATA-1171 Consider using matrix parameters for filter segments
[9:27] Michael Pizzo: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/ODATA-1171
[9:28] Michael Pizzo: Current syntax:Customers/$filter=@q/myns.action?$@q=Age gt 18
[9:29] Michael Pizzo: Using matrix parameters: Customers;$filter=@q/myns.action?$@q=Age gt 18
[9:38] Michael Pizzo: 1) Do we need the generalization of having a $filter segment anywhere in the URL?
[9:39] Michael Pizzo: (or can we simplify how we express this)
[9:40] Michael Pizzo: 2) As George points out, putting the $filter goes against the spirit of hypermedia-driven
[9:40] Michael Pizzo: Mark: could support filter at multiple segments, but not a pressing need.
[9:40] Michael Pizzo: George would like to know IETF's current thinking on matrix parameters
[9:44] Michael Pizzo: If we could add a query option like $preFilter, defined to apply to the input to the last segment, then we wouldn't have to mess with the url.
[9:45] Michael Pizzo: It wouldn't allow filtering arbitrary segments, but would address the primary use cases that drove the scenario.
[9:47] Michael Pizzo: so, for example, PATCH Customers/$each?$prefilter=daysSinceLastOrder gt 365
(ODATA-1171 carried over for further discussion)
[9:50] Michael Pizzo: i.ODATA-1175 Capabilities: allow UpdateRestrictions also for singletons
[9:51] Michael Pizzo: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/ODATA-1175
[9:52] Michael Pizzo: Link to UpdateRestrictions: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/odata-vocabularies/blob/master/vocabularies/Org.OData.Capabilities.V1.xml#L507
[9:53] Michael Pizzo: <Term Name="UpdateRestrictions" Type="Capabilities.UpdateRestrictionsType" AppliesTo="EntitySet">
        <Annotation Term="Core.Description" String="Restrictions on update operations" />
      <ComplexType Name="UpdateRestrictionsType">
        <Property Name="Updatable" Type="Edm.Boolean" DefaultValue="true">
          <Annotation Term="Core.Description" String="Entities can be updated" />
        <Property Name="NonUpdatableNavigationProperties" Type="Collection(Edm.NavigationPropertyPath)" Nullable="false">
          <Annotation Term="Core.Description" String="These navigation properties do not allow rebinding" />
        <Property Name="MaxLevels" Type="Edm.Int32" DefaultValue="-1">
          <Annotation Term="Core.Description"
            String="The maximum number of navigation properties that can be traversed when addressing the collection or entity to update. A value of -1 indicates there is no restriction." />
[9:59] Michael Pizzo: ODATA-1175 is open


[9:59] George Ericson (Dell): Motion to approve odata 1175 as proposed


[9:59] Mark Biamonte (Progress): I second


[10:00] Michael Pizzo: ODATA-1175 is resolved as proposed.
[10:00] Michael Pizzo: 7.Next meetings [9:50 am PT]
a.Thursday May 03, 2018 during 8-10 am PDT (17:00-19:00 CEST)
b.Thursday May 10, 2018 during 8-10 am PDT (17:00-19:00 CEST)
[10:01] Michael Pizzo: 8.AOB and wrap up [9:55 am PT]
[10:01] Michael Pizzo: Meeting adjourned.
[10:01] Michael Pizzo: Thanks everyone!



From: odata@lists.oasis-open.org <odata@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Handl, Ralf
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2018 11:33 PM
To: odata@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [odata] Agenda for OData TC meeting on 2018-04-26


Here [1] is a draft agenda for the OData TC (Technical Committee) meeting scheduled on Thursday April 26, 2018 during 8-10 am PDT (17:00-19:00 CEST). For additional information, such as dial-in details and chat room, refer to [2]. For TC timeline, see [3]. Feel free to suggest additions or modifications.




[1] Agenda


1.        Roll call [8:00 am PT]

    1. Self-registration link: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/event.php?event_id=46253


2.        Approve agenda [8:05 am PT]


3.        Approve minutes from previous meeting(s) [8:10 am PT]

    1. Minutes from April 19, 2018 TC meeting: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62976/odata-meeting-211_on-20180419-minutes.html


4.        Review action items [Action item list: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/members/action_items.php] [8:15am PT]

    1. Action items due

                                  i.    none


5.        Compact JSON [8:15 am PT]

    1. Document Walkthrough (Hubert Heijkers)

                                  i.    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62898/odata-compact-json-format-v4.0.pdf


6.        Issues [9:20 am PT]

    1. V4.01: NEW or OPEN

                                  i.    ODATA-1174 JSON CSDL should not require nullable attribute for collections

                                 ii.    ODATA-1173 14.4.11: Description of Null

                                iii.    ODATA-1171 Consider using matrix parameters for filter segments

                                iv.    ODATA-1168 Clarify the use of ETags for Avoiding Update Conflicts

                                 v.    ODATA-1165 Describe $expand and $select via prose text and examples, remove ABNF snippets

                                vi.    ODATA-1148 PATCH with nested nav props should not remove omitted resources

                               vii.    ODATA-1143 Extend the Property metatype to allow a type that is an EntityType.

                              viii.    ODATA-1141 Upsert: clarify upsert along nullable single-valued navigation path

                                ix.    ODATA-1135 Document use of JSON $schema

                                 x.    ODATA-1088 Clarify affect of applying an Annotation to an element


    1. Vocabularies: NEW or OPEN with concrete proposal

                                  i.    ODATA-1175 Capabilities: allow UpdateRestrictions also for singletons

                                 ii.    ODATA-1167 Add way to specify which batch formats (if any) are supported by a service

                                iii.    ODATA-1064 Add ability to annotate collections to return only count and NextLink


    1. Vocabularies: NEW or OPEN that need more discussion

                                  i.    ODATA-1099 Add annotations to describe custom query options and custom headers

                                 ii.    ODATA-1005 Make sure we have capabilities for all new 4.01 functionality

                                iii.    ODATA-884 Add term ErrorCodes to describe possible codes in error messages (public comment c201510e00019)


    1. Data Aggregation: NEW or OPEN

                                  i.    ODATA-1169 Transformation for nesting the result of another transformation within a single entity

                                 ii.    ODATA-1162 Fix data type in example model

                                iii.    ODATA-1161 Clarify how to process hybrid results of a transformation in subsequent transformations

                                iv.    ODATA-1160 Clarify example 66 in section 7.5

                                 v.    ODATA-1159 Clarify context URLs for aggregated result sets

                                vi.    ODATA-1158 Transformations for limiting the number of entities in the result of a $apply transformation

                               vii.    ODATA-1157 Transformation for sorting entities created by a $apply transformation

                              viii.    ODATA-1137 Clarify type information for dynamic properties in the aggregated result set

                                ix.    ODATA-1073 Conformance section references wrong annotation term

                                 x.    ODATA-1068 3.12 Transformation expand: require at least two parameters, with innermost expansion requiring a filter()

                                xi.    ODATA-1041 Broaden definitions of transformations topcount and bottomcount

                               xii.    (and 16 more)


7.        Next meetings [9:50 am PT]

    1. Thursday May 03, 2018 during 8-10 am PDT (17:00-19:00 CEST)
    2. Thursday May 10, 2018 during 8-10 am PDT (17:00-19:00 CEST)


8.        AOB and wrap up [9:55 am PT]


[2] References


[3] Timeline

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]