Subject: RE: [odata] Groups - Minutes of 2020-12-10 Meeting #325.docx uploaded

Before I forget it during the holiday season. Regarding the path annotation syntax:

Syntax for expressions in annotations. A subset of CSDL expressions need to be supported for RSDL annotations.  The members of the subset are not decided.  Need to support $path.  Syntax is still open question.  One option of using './'

For now, we'll support path expressions but not other annotation expressions. We will explore a simplified syntax that the parser can recognize as a path (i.e., starts with ./ or /)

The prefix before the path is required in order to distinguish paths from other keywords like true and false. But can we instead avoid these other keywords? Instead of

@Personal.isMale: true

@Personal.isFemale: false

@Measures.currency: ./currency

one could omit the colon from Boolean annotations and write

@Personal.isMale (Boolean annotation on its own means true)

!@Personal.isFemale (negated Boolean annotation means false)

@Measures.currency: currency (relative paths start with a letter, absolute paths with a /)

or in Record notation