Subject: RE: expanded […] stream properties

Thanks Mike,

Also sorry, I still not 100% sure I get the full picture

  • With $select=streamProperty1 the client is stating that the stream property should be included in-line as described in Format section 9
  • I streamProperty1 is not mentioned in the $select (e.g. $select=prop1, prop2 ) the stream property is not included in the response
  • (guessing) if there is no $select it is up to the service to include it in-line or not, correct?
  • A URL ending in .../streamProperty1/$value will return the stream value as an octet stream (I assume with the mediaContentType metadata in the header)

Christof

From: Michael Pizzo <mikep@microsoft.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 17:25
To: Christof Sprenger <chrispre@microsoft.com>; odata@lists.oasis-open.org

As described in OData Version 4.01. Part 1: Protocol (oasis-open.org), starting in OData 4.01, users can request that stream properties be included in-line with other properties of the resource. OData JSON Format Version 4.01 (oasis-open.org) describes the rules for in-lining stream properties within a JSON OData payload.